Saturday, September 12, 2009

About a week ago my travels led my past my old high school. I was thinking about how long ago high school feels, but how truly short it has been since I left. Isn't it interesting how time flys? It has already been a year and a half since I set foot as a student in those Grizzly hallways, and yet I am so removed from being a "high schooler" that it does seem so much longer. I can honestly say that it was a lifetime ago. A lot has happened since then. I was so worried about leaving, not because I loved high school so much that I wanted to stay, but because being an "adult" and "going to college" seemed like such a big leap from my path at that point. I do, however, miss being so involved in activities, and knowing so many people...



















The truth is....now I don't think I would choose to return. Sophomore year was my adjustment period (new ward, school, surroundings, etc.). Junior year I was finally feeling more comfortable with my new school. Senior year, I could not have asked for anything more. I accomplished 3 of the most major things I set my mind to. Throughout my whole high school experience I met some of the most amazing people who I am so privileged to still call friends. I sometimes run into kids I went to school with and see how they long to go back, and frankly are just stuck in high school. I fear they will never move past that mindset. I am so glad life moves on -- being an adult most definitely has it's tough spots, but in the end, I feel, is also rewarding.

2 comments:

Diana said...

What a mature assessment, Andrea! You are very right... life does NOT end at high school graduation! And just to give you a heads up, there's still a TON to learn even after you finish college! Isn't that great?! You're such a cutie... I love reading your blog updates!

Jackie said...

Just wait until you've been out of high school for almost 20 years! Ugh...how time flies.